Create an extended Web site to host the SharePoint team site
The following procedures allows you to create the Project Web Access Web application and then extend it. During this process you create a new Web site, create the site collection for Project Web Access, and extend the root site. When finished, you will have a new top-level site for the site collection (although this site will contain no data at this point).
On the Central Administration page top navigation, click Application Management.
On the Application Management page, in the SharePoint Web Application Management section, click Create or extend Web application.
On the Create or Extend Web Application page, in the Adding a SharePoint Web Application section, select Create a new Web Application.
On the Create New Web Application page, do the following:
In the IIS Web Site section, select Use an existing IIS web site, and then select the existing Web site that you want to use from the list.
Note You might need to create another Web site so that host headers are not needed and you do not have to remember to type the port number as a part of the URL. If you do this, make sure the site is assigned to port 80. For example, you might want to use a site other than the Default Web Site. To make things easiest, however, use port 80.
- In the Security Configuration section, under Authentication provider, select either Negotiate (Kerberos) or NTLM, depending on your network. If you are uncertain, contact your network administrator.
- In the Application Pool section, select Create new application pool.
- In the Application pool name box, a unique name is automatically generated based on the extended Web site you selected. You can use this entry or you can type another unique name.
- Select Configurable, and then, in the User name box, type the Windows account of the farm administrator. In the Password box, type the password for the account.
- Do not change any of the other default entries on this page, and then click OK.
On the Application Created page that appears, select Create a new Windows SharePoint Services site collection.
- On the Create Site Collection page, do the following:
- Enter a title in the Title field. The title will be displayed on each page of the site, so you might want to title it similarly to Microsoft Project Web Access.
- In the Web Site Address section, click Create Site at this URL, and then select (root) from the list.
- In the Primary Site Collection Administrator section, type the user name of the site collection administrator in the corresponding field (you can do this for the secondary site administrator as well).
- Do not make any changes to the Quota Template section.
- In the Template Selection section, in the Select a template list, select the template you want to use when the top-level site of the site collection is created, and then click OK.
On the Top-Level Site Successfully Created page, the URL for the new, empty top-level site is displayed. Click OK to return to the Central Administration page.
Next : Create the Shared Services Provider