1. No Crawling on Internet
2. Set SQL Server Memory to 50%
3. Select Reduced Crawling from From Central Administration > Operations > Services on Server > Office SharePoint Server Search Service Settings , Select “Reduced” Indexer Performance.
4. Extend Content Database size to appropriate number
5. Transaction Logs. Set your recovery mode to simple or you may run out of disk space if you don’t do regular backups which is the only thing that will truncate the log. Especially important before doing a restore from stsadm or Central Admin restore.
6. No virtualization. SharePoint is not a single exe, there is a lot going on, especially if you enable every feature
More See Article IIN Morison WSS Demo