If you install Project Server 2007 and MOSS 2007 on single machine and try to uninstall one of them they will not get uninstall. The tip below helped me uninstall both of them.
On a new server installation of MOSS 2007 and Project Server 2007 together, I had a problem applying KB 932091, update to WSS 3.0. My system was rebooted (by mistake) before the update was finished.
After that the system was unstable:
- I could not run the SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard (Upgrade in progress).
- I could not uninstall Project Server 2007 or MOSS 2007, they both failed.
Log files indicated that the operations could not be completed because an update was in progress..
To force the uninstallation of both products to get back to a stable state, this is what I did.
I had no data to save, this was only a test system !!
– I renamed the DSN in the registry for a moment
HKLM >> Software >> Microsoft >> Shared Tools >> Web Server extensions >> 12 >>Secure >>
ConfigDB >> DSN
– uninstalled Project Server 2007
– uninstalled MOSS 2007
– deleted the web applications
– deleted the SQL databases