I was looking at the preparation guide of Microsoft Project Server 2007 exam (70-633) and was shocked to see that I have never looked at it carefully. Why because I have a good experience of working in project server 2003 and project server 2007 environments which covers all aspects of the exam.
- Skills measured by Exam 70-633
- Initiating Projects
- Save Microsoft Office Project Professional projects.
- Create proposals.
- Create activity plans.
- Build a resource plan.
- Planning Projects
- Plan scope and cost.
- Plan time.
- Plan resources.
- Manage resource capacity.
- Create a risk item.
- Match and replace resources.
- Build Project Team with named resources.
- Distribute information to project stakeholders.
- Create a timesheet.
- Manage timesheets.
- Review and approve a timesheet.
- Enter task updates.
- Manage status reports.
- Report data by using PWA.
- Manage issues and risks.
- Manage deliverables.
- Access Project Center.
- Log on to PWA by using Windows Internet Explorer.
- Authenticate Project Professional to a project server.
- Set options.
- Create, save, or update enterprise templates.
If you have worked in implementing an EPM environment or worked as EPM Expert or PMO using Project server 2007 this exam could be very easy for you. I have good understanding of most of the topics that are listed above but I would like to do a little preparation of the Deliverables, Resource Plans and Managing Timesheets because they are new and a little hard to understand topics.
Hopefully I will go for this exam this Saturday. I am confident that I will be able to pass the exam easily.
I am using the following books
Microsoft Office Project Server 2007 Unleashed
The study guide for the exam is available at